Saturday 8 November 2008

My Stupid Wife's Stupid Haemorrhoid Cure

I was suffering from haemorrhoids (piles) which as anyone has suffered will tell you can be a really painful condition. I asked my wife to pick up some haemorrhoid cream and she returned home and proudly presented me with suppositories instead (medicine taken up the bum in case you are wondering).

This really should have set the alarm bells rings but my stupiDAR clearly wasn't working, probably because I was in pain, so I "took the medicine" and settled down to watch TV and some much needed pain relief.

To my consternation about half an hour later I had to run for the toilet and, because I had piles, the resulting explosion was extremely painful. This dash and splash routine continued for several hours during which time I read the packet (if only I had heeded the warnings to always read the instructions) to discover she had purchased and given me constipation tablets to take!

However unlikely this seems, I can assure you it really is a TRUE STORY!

1 comment: